Click here to return to the Tutt Library Home Page

Virtual Tour of Historic Colorado College
Slocum Hall (1954)

Slocum Hall, originally a men's dormitory, was named after William Frederick Slocum, president of the college from 1888-1917. Under president Slocum, the college expanded from one lone building to 11 with a student body of 700. This marked a change in construction methods for campus buildings. No longer was stone used but brick and concrete instead. Slocum Hall was remodeled and added on to in the summer of 1996.

Slocum Hall

Slocum Hall

Back to Tour Home Page | On to the next stop on the Tour

Click here to return to CC Home Page
      Special Collections Home

maintained by Special Collections; last revised, 02-04-03, lr